Thursday, July 15, 2010

Here there be giants

I check my notepad: "Write about big ants."

They're everywhere.  Ants on the plants, on the railings --- there are busy ants on the trains and downtown, running about, each with duties to perform before going home for the night.  These are the same ants we see from wingside in a plane, above the clouds, and from the roofs of skyscrapers, looking at the world below. These are the small ants that we've known since childhood. However, that's not what I'm looking at right now. I'm not looking at small ants or people ants...I'm looking at giant Boston ants.

I haven't been much of an ant the past 5 months. There have been days where I wish I had things to do.  Other times (like this evening), I have opted for events I've been ambivalent about, but, due to lack of options, have no reason no to go. I used to keep busy. Work in the day, play at night.  Then came the work at night, play in the day period. Lately, it has been ...I'm not really sure...play in the day?

I leave you with an idea planted in my head yesterday:
The beer choices of our parents' generation.
Switch the tap handles and no one would notice the difference.
We are spoiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment